Thursday, June 23, 2011

Ben's bench

A couple of weeks ago I got a case of the "buildies." Ever since Jonathan and I started building together, I've periodically had the overwhelming urge to make something... Usually when we're broke and don't have supplies handy.

So when Andy went down for a nap I went to the garage to check out our pile of scrap wood. We also had a pallet so I started thinking about building Ben a little adirondack chair for the front yard. Well, the chair became a bench.




I built it in just 2.5 hours, rushing each step as I assumed Andy would surely wake up any minute.

Last weekend Ben and I sat under the tree in the front yard and painted it.




It was one of those fantastic moments. He kept saying, "Mommy, we're working together. C'mon, let's get started!" It was cute, especially since he said it again and again over the course of a couple of hours.




I liked the bench when I first finished it. But now I really love it!



Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: